Volunteer Requirements and Information
Training and Set-Up
- Volunteers from completed grade 4 and up may serve.
- Volunteers who share their time the entire week, have the option to send their preschooler to Adventure Week.
- A background check and Sexual Abuse Prevention Training will be required of all volunteers 18 years and older.
- Early care will be available for volunteer's children each morning.
All volunteer training will be conducted by the leader in your volunteer area. They will contact you with dates and times of training.
All volunteers are encouraged to attend Adventure Week Set-Up
*Childcare will NOT be available for these events.
- Volunteers' and Kids' T-shirts can be picked up in the Bridal Room near the Chapel on Sundays, May 21, June 4 and 11 between 8:30 am–12:30 pm.
Volunteer Opportunities Include:
- Elementary or Preschool Recreation Team: Participate in and help kids in daily outdoor games.
- Elementary or Preschool Tribe Leader: Lead the same small group of kids from activity to activity throughout the week. Also build relationships and participate in the activities.
- Elementary Missions (Bible Spotlight) Team: Share with the kids about Brookwood Church missionaries, international and domestic.
- Elementary Small Group Team: Help organize created materials and distribute them to the small groups. Assist small groups in completing the materials.
- Elementary Invention Station Team: Participate in and help kids create an invention.
- Elementary Myth Busters Team: Share myths with the kids and demonstrate how they are busted.
- Preschool Make It Fun Team: Participate in and help kids do activities designed to help understand and remember Bible stories and Bottom Line for the day.
- Preschool Craft Team: Assist the kids in doing crafts that tie into the week's lessons.