Leading a small group might be the challenge you’ve been looking for or maybe you simply have a heart to see others embrace and grow in Christ. Small Groups at Brookwood is the environment designed for people to extend grace, encourage growth and experience God on an ongoing basis.
Our small group staff is ready to talk with you and help you discover how you might help people connect to others in small groups. Your next step is to email the Adult Discipleship Department
Group Leader Qualifications
Objectives for Small Groups
- Have accepted Jesus Christ as Lord and Savior.
- Been baptized by immersion.
- Completed Discovering Membership at Brookwood Church and be an active member of Brookwood Church.
- Complete Leadership Training 1 and agree to implement and hold to the Leader Values of Brookwood Church.
- Agree to come into the Brookwood Groups Ministry leadership structure.
- Have periodic social outings with the Small Group.
- Instill accountability among each other in order to grow in Christ.
- Share the workload.
- Meet regularly with Small Group (weekly or bi-weekly).
- Worship in personal quiet time and corporately.
- Develop future leaders through apprenticing.
Small Group Leader Position Description
Facilitate/Lead a group of 4 to 12 adults in becoming Christ-centered
- Lead each member to service at Brookwood.
- Get involved in community service projects or invest in the un-churched.
- Serve each other and the world.
- Build a leadership team/share the load.
- Conduct life-changing group meetings.
- Shepherd the members of your group.
- Complete the group covenant.
- Develop an apprentice.
to download the complete the Small Group Leader Application.
Small Group Leader Tools
Leaders if you don't see your group listed in the Find a Small Group tool, please email
or call the Adult Discipleship department at 864.688.8242
Click the Manage Your Group icon on the right to login and manage your Small Group.
to download the Purpose Driven Small Group Health Assessment.
to locate Message Discussion Guides.
to view Small Group Curriculum recommendations. The Bookstore maintains a substantial curriculum lending library. If you find a study that interests you, they'll be happy to order study guides and books for your small group members to purchase. If you have any questions email
The Bookstore or call 864.688.8300