Premarital and Wedding Ministry
We practice the belief that marriage is the uniting of one man and one woman in a single, exclusive union, as delineated in Scripture. (Gen 2:18-25.) Choosing marriage is an important step and we want to help you build a strong foundation for this new phase of life. The Premarital Ministry can provide engaged couples guidance through a six to eight week premarital preparation course.
Getting Married? Start Here!
Couples desiring a premarital program: The Brookwood Premarital Mentoring process is open to couples who are engaged and have set a date for their wedding. The sooner you get involved with us the better. The mentoring process requires several weeks and we ask that you contact us 90 days before your wedding. Each of you will have to complete an online survey, meet with the Associate Care Pastor, and meet with a mentoring couple 6 to 8 times.
Premarital Mentoring Steps
- Complete the registration form
- Purchase the following books at the Brookwood Bookstore or at a Christian Bookstore
- For first time marriages where neither person has been married before, you will need the book “Saving Your Marriage Before It Starts” by Drs. Les and Leslie Parrott and the men's and women's workbooks.
- For couples where one or both people have been previously married, you will need the book Saving Your Second Marriage Before It Starts by Drs. Les and Leslie Parrott and the men's and women's workbooks.
- You will receive an email with instructions to take the online survey.
- Once you complete the survey you will receive a phone call to schedule your first meeting with the Associate Care Pastor to discuss the Premarital Mentoring process.
- If you desire your wedding and/or reception to be held at Brookwood or have a Brookwood Pastor perform your wedding ceremony, you'll be asked to agree and abide by the Brookwood Premarital Covenant.
- You will be assigned a mentoring couple to meet with 6 to 8 times in the next couple of months.
We try to work with your schedule but please understand that in some cases, if you contact us less than 90 days prior to your wedding, we may not be able to accommodate your request.
Couples desiring a Brookwood wedding: Weddings and receptions held at Brookwood are a service we provide to members and regular attendees of our church. In order to plan a wedding and/or reception at Brookwood, or to be married by one of our pastors, the couple must first complete the Premarital Mentoring process and agree to follow the Brookwood Premarital Covenant. Click here to see the Brookwood Premarital Covenant.
Please click here
to register for Premarital Mentoring.
How Can We Help?
If you are engaged and would like to take part in this program but have questions, please email
or call 864.688.8291