Premarital and Wedding Ministry
Choosing marriage is an important step and we want to help you build a strong foundation for life. The Premarital Ministry can provide engaged couples guidance and support through a six to eight week premarital preparation course.
Weddings at Brookwood are a service we provide members and attendees of our church. In order to plan a wedding at Brookwood, or to be married by one of our pastors, the couple must first complete the premarital process.
Getting Married? Start Here!
The Brookwood Premarital Mentoring process is required for all couples desiring to be married at Brookwood and or by a Brookwood Pastor.
The sooner you get involved with us the better. The mentoring process requires a minimum of 90 days. To start the process you must be an engaged couple with a set wedding date set. You as a couple must also be willing to agree with and sign the Brookwood Premarital Covenant. Each of you will have to complete an online survey, meet with the Associate Care Pastor, and meet with a mentoring couple 6 to 8 times.
Please understand that in some cases, if you have less than 90 days we may not be able to accommodate your request.
Premarital Mentoring Steps
- Complete the registration form
- Purchase the following books at the Brookwood Bookstore or at a Christian Bookstore
- For first time marriages where neither person has been married before, you will need the book Saving Your Marriage Before It Starts and the men's and women's workbooks.
You will receive an email with instructions to take the online survey.
You will receive a phone call to schedule your first meeting with the Associate Care Pastor to discuss the Premarital Mentoring process.
You will also be asked to agree and abide by the Brookwood Premarital Covenant (see below).
You will be assigned a mentoring couple to meet with 6 to 8 times in the next couple of months.
- For couples where one or both people have been previously married, you will need the book Saving Your Second Marriage Before It Starts and the men's and women's workbooks.
Brookwood Premarital Covenant
Brookwood Church, holding up God’s standard for the marriage covenant:
As a couple desiring to be married at Brookwood Church and/or have our wedding ceremony performed by a Brookwood Pastor, we commit ourselves to honor the following guidelines as a way of acknowledging to God, our families, and friends that we chose to honor God’s standards in our marital relationship.
- We acknowledge Jesus Christ as the only Son of God and have accepted from Him, the gift of salvation.
- We commit to be united in one church family where we will faithfully attend and serve in ministry.
- We commit to not live together from this date until the time we are married. We also commit to reside in separate rooms in the event of family gatherings, vacations, etc.
- We are committed to abstain from sexual relations from this day until we are married.
- We are committed to take the premarital mentoring process seriously by being prepared for sessions and being honest with each other and our mentor couple.
Please click here to register for Premarital Mentoring.
How Can We Help?
If you are engaged and would like to take part in this program, please email
or call 864.688.8291
. In order to be married at Brookwood Church or by one of our pastors, you must complete the premarital preparation.